how it works
- In a seated position, you grip the saw handle between your knees.
- With your left hand you bend the blade of the saw into an "S"-shaped curve.
- In the middle of the S-curve, is the spot of the highest tension. At this point (!) you draw the bow across the blade at a 90 degree angle.
- Higher notes are acheived by increasing pressure with the left hand and a steeper S-curve. The spot where the blade "sounds" is shifts (!) closer to the tip of the blade. Now you have to bow the blade here, closer to the tip.
- A lower note is obtained by relaxing the blade pressure and a more shallow curve on the blade of the saw. Now the sounding point is further down, closer to the ((wooden) handle. You now bow the blade at this spot, closer to the handle.
Have fun and good luck!